Crazyface Young Women

Crazyface Young Women
2 years ago posing in the sunset and loving the peach orchard and girls around us!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Camping with some Crazies

This week was fan-freaking-tastic...well, at least the weekend was. All I normally do is work at OENT (for the creepers online, no, I will not go into more details of what that acronym means). But this weekend was a day and a night out with the girls! We went down to Union Creek and had ourselves a blast without the parents (yes, I live with my parents--but only until January). First we decided to set up camp--our campground was beautiful, right beside the river and quite spacious. After we had dipped our feet in the stinking ice-cold water we decided to thaw and go on a hike. If any of you know the area around here, there is a very rad natural bridge that the river made through the rocks. So, my buddies and I went on the hike to see the natural bridge. Well, it turns out that after about 4 miles when we got to the bridge, we could have walked about 100 feet, climbed over a fence and arrived at the bridge in about 1/16 of the time it took to actually get there (don't judge my fraction--I don't know if it's right!). needless to say, I was miffed. ;)
But, it was still beautiful. After we had our fill there, we went back to the campground and played some legit games! Oh yeah, I beat them all--well, not exactly. ;)
Soon though, we were at a loss of what to do. BUT! were were not to be deterred! this was going to be fun whether we tried or not! So, I suggested that we go to Beckie's (a fantastic, little-but cute-restaurant) and grab some pie! not exactly a camping thing to do, but it sounded delish! Well, we drove out of the campsite in the right (actually it was wrong) direction. we drove for about 11 miles and I was starting to wonder if we were going the wrong way. Since we had just gotten wifi back i decided to check the map on my phone...yeah, Beckie's was the other way. Sheesh. So, we drove back to the campground and it turned out that if we would have just driven to the left for about 20 feet, we would've seen it. oh. my. goodness. what a waste of perfectly expensive gas! dang, but the pie was fantastic! They had all different kinds: cherry, apple, blueberry, strawberry, peach, peanut butter, chocolate, banana cream, coconut cream, etc. I got the chocolate (of course) and it was sooo stinking good. Well, we got back to our cozy campsite and lounged around for awhile then took a hike by the river (we had to walk off our calories!). when we got back we ate a delicious dinner and settled down next to the campfire. Carving sticks, burning things and talking around a fire is the way to end a productive day, let me tell you. Then we went to bed and ended with a scary story. eesh, remind me not to do that when you're 4 girls and alone (don't you worry--I had mace and a hatchet, anyone who messed with me would have a blunt hatchet to the gut and spicy mace to the face). Luckily, I had the scriptures with me and everyone wanted me to read them out loud. (I'm LDS, by the way. MORMON and loving it!)
Nighttime was a monster! sheesh! tossing and turning all over the place--luckily we all decided to sleep in. we woke up, ate eggs and sausage and headed on home. all in all, it was a great experience!
what I learned:
-NEVER SOLELY RELY ON A ELECTRONIC MAP (sometimes wifi is not available and it sucks!)
-DEFINITELY GO BACK TO BECKIE'S CAFE!!
That's it for this week's journal entry! see y'all later--peace!

1 comment:

  1. This was an amazing trip you got that right!! :D We need to do these more often!!

    ReplyDelete